FIRO Theory has become a world renowned model for understanding human relations, people performance and productivity
FIRO Element BTM is a uniquely powerful approach for personal and team development used widely in global organisations for leadership and communications training.
Developed by Will Schutz, FIRO Elements theory suggests that there are three basic areas of concern to understand and appreciate in human behaviour. These are Inclusion, Control and Openness. People vary greatly in their preferences across these dimensions.
Each aspect is examined across the full dynamics of human interaction including:
- What I do and What I want to do
- What people do to me and What I want people to do to me
The user of FIRO Element BTM is therefore presented with a comprehensive picture of the individuals’ interpersonal world as illustrated below:
- Understand the key dimensions of interpersonal behaviour
- Increase your self awareness and focus on your success in communication, leadership and teams
- Focus on key relationships you have with others and develop your personal effectiveness and flexibility
- Research has shown there is a significant link between ElementBTM andJCA’s Emotional Intelligence Profile*
- Unlike personality questionnaires,FIROElementBTM also identifies needs and therefore aspects of satisfaction and motivation